- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Engineer - Structures
Principal Engineer - Structures - 6 Months - Glasgow £42/hr LTD
Purpose of Role:
Provide specialist mechanical/marine engineering expertise to organise and co-ordinate significant aspects of engineering activity within the business to ensure defined objectives are achieved whilst continually maintaining quality and cost.
Provide input relevant to own specialist area to policy and strategy.
This role will typically have specific delegation of authority, accountability and sign off for ensuring minimum standards for the discipline area concerned, and could also include a design review assessor responsibility in the relevant discipline area.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis is essential
- Typically degree qualified, likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline.
- Meet the requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
- Experience in engineering or a defence related industry.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals within current discipline.
- Recognised and consulted as one of the experts within at least one domain or for possessing deep knowledge of several domains within current discipline.
- Sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design.
- Strong people management skills and leadership experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.