- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Governance Tool Control Engineer
Our client, a world leading Aerospace organisation, are currently looking for a Governance Tool Control Engineer to join them on contract based out of their site in Yeovil, Somerset.
- Provide solutions to the business sin relation to Tool Control process, ensure all production lines are equipped to discharge their activities effectively .
- Ensure that all Tooling provided is in accordance with Tool Control Procedures.
- Responsible for the generation & maintenance of new and existing Tool Box Kits providing advice to the Operators on suitable Tooling and Tool Configurations.
- Responsible for the Stock of high turnover tooling to the appropriate levels ensuring best value for money.
- Manage and maintain Toolbox Inventories.
- Provide Technical Support to Tool Controllers and Build Line Operatives.
- Process Tool Control Notifications by technically vetting the requirements & ensuring all data is correct before passing on to Procurement.
- Creation of New or Modification of existing Toolbox Kits. Ensuring end user requirements are met, quality of tooling is maintained, standardisation of tooling (where possible) & Tool Control regulations can be achieved.
- Manage the Tool Control Stock Process.
- Manage & maintain Toolbox Inventories ensuring the all are correct and to the latest standard.
- Support the compilation/update of Departmental Processes & Procedures
- Educated to HNC or equivalent in a Technical discipline - time-served apprenticeship preferred.
- Proven experience in either Design, Production Engineering, Manufacturing or Tooling within an Aircraft environment.
- Knowledge of Engineering Design Techniques.
- Effective problem solving skills/techniques.
- To recognise the implications of personnel's knowledge, skills and experience on the safe and effective use of all tooling to be supplied.
- A good working knowledge of Tool Control Practices.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Communication skills at all levels.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Prepared to travel UK & overseas.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.