- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Embedded Software Engineer
An exciting contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to work for an innovative Automotive Consultancy. Candidates will have proven High Integrity, Embedded C coding experience in the Automotive sector.
A new vacancy exists for a Contract Software Engineer to join the EMEA Embedded Software team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of different products & technologies, with responsibility for the application of systems and software engineering methodologies in order to provide the best solutions to our customers.
Everyday responsibilities will include:
* Development of C source code at micro-level and application level.
* Taking responsibility for software engineering work products according to cost, quality and operational targets
* Communication and cooperation with a multi-disciplinary project delivery team, including the customer and suppliers.
* Supporting the wider team in understanding software engineering best practice, processes & procedures.
The position is located in Cambridge with some occasional travel required to customer sites to support projects. You should have a full driving license and be prepared to travel in the UK and abroad.
The successful candidate will have a good level of experience developing embedded C code for automotive projects and will have practical knowledge of software engineering (likely having experience of more than one development lifecycle methodology), either in automotive or another industry.
You are a creative, pragmatic engineer who applies a sound understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering to ensure that the product is well specified and robustly engineered.
Able to work & communicate well within multi-disciplinary project teams, you are a pro-active self-starter, able to make evidence-based decisions, and display a strong "can-do" attitude to match the challenges you will face with equal enthusiasm.
Development of embedded software in C either at a functional application level, micro/base-level or functional safety software level is required.
In addition, at least one of the following areas would be considered advantageous:
* ISO26262 as applied to the development of high-integrity software
* Software development in C to meet functional safety software requirements
* Automotive technologies, standards and protocols (e.g. CAN, AUTOSAR, OSEK, J1939, ISO 14229)
* Microcontrollers and multi-core architectures
* Development tools including compilers, debuggers, network analysis and testing tools
* Appreciation of Model Based Design concepts & tools
* Experience working with networked systems and appreciation of failure modes and consequences, particularly in an automotive context
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.