- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Manager, Platform Engineering (Zonal Design)
The company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
This is a full-time, permanent staff role based in Halifax NS.
- Responsible for daily operations regarding the functional leadership of 'Zone' leads in support of ship design activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Ship Design Zones meet all zonal technical requirements in accordance with the design schedule.
- Streamline Engineering processes with an emphasis on process design for cost and cycle time reduction
- Assist the Deputy Director of Engineering with strategic and tactical continuous improvement activities in multiple vessel construction
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
- Responsible for formalizing design rules and supporting measures across business
- Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering in relevant discipline
- P. Eng, MBA, or PMP considered to be a strong asset
- Proven experience in the shipbuilding industry.
- Experience in "new build' first of class Zonal Design practices.
- Proven ability of technical leadership in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in achieving high performance levels
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.