- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Performance Modelling & Assessment Engineer
There is an opportunity for a Performance Modelling & Assessment Engineer to join our client based in Filton on a contractor basis.
The purpose of this role is to establish and maintain a description of the performance of the Type 26 Combat System.
Major Tasks and Activities:
The successful candidate will initially be tasked with testing and validating the new Performance Modelling Environment (PME) in order to gain a complete understanding of the PM&S toolset and capability.
From here they will take responsibility of an area of the Combat System, which they will simulate using a variety of tools and methods, becoming the technical lead for simulation of this combat capability, including its interfaces with other areas of the Combat System which may ultimately contribute to its effectiveness at a whole ship or scenario level.
Additionally, the candidate will aid the team, the TA community and subsystem leads in carrying out performance assessments in an ad-hoc fashion using the aforementioned toolsets and capabilities.
Key Technical Skills:
* Strong mathematical capability, with the skills to apply this to mathematical modelling and analysis
* Proficient in use of MATLAB/Simulink for mathematical modelling of system performance
* Understanding of DOORS and configuration control tools
* Good organisational and communication skills
* Ability to write technical documentation
* Knowledge of appropriate engineering development methodologies and strategies
* Awareness of naval combat system equipment, capabilities and performance
* Understanding of the tools, techniques & methodologies used across industry to implement and conduct effective Modelling, Simulation and Analysis
* Understanding of the need to capture and maintain data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques so used
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.