- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil / Highway Engineer
If you're an experienced Civil / Highway Engineer currently looking for a new challenge offering specialist training, career development and joining a well paid sector within the Civil Aviation sector, then this opportunity is perfect for you.
This exciting new opportunity is with one of our major consultancy clients, and offering the opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer coming from the Infrastructure, Highways or Transport, to moving into a new sector; Civil Aviation.
This position is closely related to Civil and Highway Engineering, as it focuses on elements of road design, traffic engineering and project management, but will also include Airfield design, such as Runway and Taxiway designs, allowing you to diversify your skills as well as using your existing experience.
Our client is seeking an experienced, organised, self-motivated and collaborative team player, capable of leading small design teams at a senior level in the delivery of co-ordinated designs. The applicant should preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer with some knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations. The role requires the ability to develop close collaborative working relationships with clients, stakeholders to enable the production, approval and delivery of resilient design solutions in a demanding client environment.
What we are looking for
- Chartered Engineer (CEng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE) or working towards Chartered Status
- Minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience designing civil projects, desirably experience with pavements and airport design work.
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with Office 365 and relevant engineering software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D (and desirably AviPLAN)
- Good experience of leading the co-ordination of multi-disciplinary design teams including Electrical and structural engineers
- Desirably experience of the design of foul and storm water drainage, fire mains, hydrant refuelling, pits & ducts and stand services
- Awareness of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners and supply chain
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Team player
This position is an interesting and unique opportunity and offering an experienced Civil Engineer the prospect to develop their skills into a new sector and take on a new challenge in their career, as well as gaining specialist training, support with career progression and chartership, as well as excellent benefits.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.