- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am looking for a Logistics Specialist to joing one of our MOD / Defence clients in the area of Reading on a 12 month contract.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
* Material receipts and issues.
* Stock management and auditing using recognised corporate systems.
* Logistics functions within stores to include picking and packing, stock rotation, quarantining and distributing.
* Fork Lift Truck Operations sling & lifting.
* Locating material in the appropriate stores location using (FIFO system) with the characteristics of the commodity.
* Issue material with appropriate documentation (i.e. Form 16 Material data Sheet) in response to suitably authorised demands.
* Where appropriate, deliver material and collect across all sites for demanders. (Site licence required).
* Report stock discrepancies as these are revealed.
* Supporting projects.
* Following logistic processes for the delivery across sites. Includes national and international processes.
* Compliance to Company Safety Procedures.
* Ensure that team KPI's are met or exceeded.
* Deliver continuous improvement and change through innovation.
* To liaise with customers by telephone when required and deal with day-to-day problems regarding their orders in a polite and helpful manner.
* The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
* Dealing with difficult situations.
* Ability to work and problem solve under pressure.
* Proactive approach to safety and quality.
* Takes pride in performance and development.
* Positively influences colleagues.
* Builds the confidence, pride and self-esteem of those around them.
* Excellent organisation skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.