- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
You'll Project Manage the streetlighting LED replacement project in Essex. 85,000 lanterns over 3-4 years. Based from Springfield but covering the county.
- To assist in the management of consultants in the investigation, design and planning of highway lighting proposals or any other highway related scheme where electrical expertise is required.
- To carry out the design, investigation, and implementation of lighting schemes.
- To assist in the placing of orders for work and to monitor expenditure on highway lighting items within the various work programmes and to supervise the works as necessary.
- To plan and implement the maintenance programmes associated with highway lighting ensuring that these are fully integrated and coordinated with other highway maintenance and works programmes.
- To project manage the LED replacement project.
- Prepare and present reports to meetings of colleagues and appropriate local organisations including Parish/Town Councils. Liaison with County Members, District Members, Parish Councillors and members of the public.
- To liaise with Parish Councils and similar forums on highway lighting matters and attend meetings on behalf of the Area Highway Manager.
- Carry out inspections in accordance with the County Council's Highway Lighting policies. Process reported defects on a computer terminal or by the use of data capture devices and implement urgent or other repairs as necessary.
- Monitor the performance of the County Councils Lighting contractor
- Specify, place orders, monitor and supervise highway lighting works by contractors and Statutory Undertakers to ensure compliance with specification, safety, legislation and objectives of the Council.
- Maintain positive and constructive working relationships and communication channels with external organisations and also within the Council.
- Comply with the Health and Safety Policy of the Council including Construction, Design and Management Regulations.
- Knowledge of Highway Legislation, Local Government procedures and design standards and good practice.
- Detailed knowledge of current editions of the IEE various regulations.
- Working knowledge of budgetary controls and the planning, co-ordination and control of highway lighting contracts
- HNC/ONC level qualification or equivalent
- Eng. Technician or Incorporated Engineer status
- Appropriate membership of a relevant Professional Institution
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Comprehensive technical experience in highway lighting
- Dealing with members and the public.
- Awareness of health and safety
Communication skills including report writing.
Able to undertake electrical and lighting design work
Fully conversant with MS - Word, Excel, Access
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.