- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join their growing team based in Emsworth.
PLANNING AND SELF IMPROVEMENT
- To understand and define the goals of the role, and develop a working process that achieves this.
PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT AND TEAM BUILDING
- To manage, motivate, train and develop the Production Team to focus and achieve optimum Lean efficiency and quality levels by regular meetings and the ability to recruit high calibre individuals and mentor the team.
- To maintain our existing quality standards, and to identify achievable and measurable quality improvements, on a continuous improvement basis. To minimise Rework and Complaints.
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT & ON TIME DELIVERY PERFORMANCE
- To ensure the organisation and scheduling of workload and delivery logistics across all manufacturing sites, and the Purchase and Supply Chain, so as to achieve 100% OTD, with the minimum of overtime hours and other costs.
- Lean techniques are constantly being developed to reduce operational lead-time and increase value added time.
- To purchase raw materials and consumables in accordance to works orders and other factored products in accordance with customer order or stock policy.
PLANT AND MACHINERY
- To manage existing machinery and maintenance schedules to eliminate if not minimise production down time and research new and better methods and techniques that improve efficiency and precision as well as expanding the possibilities open to Design.
PREMISES AND NEIGHBOURS
- To manage our premises, the estate and our activities such that we receive no complaints from neighbours or CDC.
- To control costs so that budgets are met and a Gross Margin is consistently achieved.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS) & HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To maintain the EMS, our ISO 14001 accreditation, and Health and Safety status according to all
- relevant procedures.
- To promote the excellence of our production capabilities with our dedicated team, with a professional and enthusiastic approach at all times.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong SME manufacturing background, high variety - medium volume
- Strong Lean CI experience, leading projects and embedding lean principles
- Project management
- Excellent time management ability and focus.
- Data driven
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.