- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Southern Water are looking for an Adoption Manager with a mechanical or electrical background to join their developer services team on a permanent basis.
The Project Manager is responsible for the planning,review and delivery of project(s) within a programme. Such Projects include the Waste Water Treatment Works, Pumping Stations and Rising Mains designed by external parties and offered to Developer Services for adoption.
Planning and reviewing any dependencies with other initiatives Managing risks and issues.
Keeping the project within budget Ensuring that the quality of the project's deliverables are acceptable. Participate fully as a professional member of the Developer Services team to ensure a high performing environment.
- Complete the vetting of the Mechanical and electrical designs and the management of all aspects of such submissions/applications.
- Ensure sewerage systems offered for adoption by developers and/or owners of existing apparatus are constructed to the standards set out in water industry codes of practice and by the company standards.
- Evaluate all new designs produced by developers to ensure they comply with Sewers for Adoption and the Water industry Act, where there is a non-conventional design included in the development proposals ensure that the design complies with standards currently used by or acceptable to Southern Water
- Represent Southern Water at meetings with customers, developers and local planning authorities and other interest groups to ensure Southern Water position is maintained and supported
- To liaise with Southern Water supply chain both during design and construction and ensure the work is procured and delivered in accordance with Ofwat Service Level Agreements
- Liaison with developers/customers.
- Ensure all solutions are properly documented and have the appropriate governance in place
- Good people and organisational skills are required, managing developer/customer expectations
- Knowledge Degree or HNC/HND in a Technical Subject.
- A recognised qualification in a Mechanical or Electrical Discipline.
- Recognised Project Management training/qualification.
- Solid and demonstrable experience of successful project delivery
- A knowledge of adoption of wastewater pumping station adoptions.
- Good knowledge of the Water Industry Act 1991 including Sewers for Adoptions, Building regulations and CDM
- Understanding of risk based asset planning processes
- Good knowledge of construction techniques and materials
- Commercial Effectiveness and Business Expertise
- Skills to operate in a demanding performance driven environment requiring a high degree of team working.
- Good understanding business practices associated with the construction and adoption of assets and an understanding of regulatory operating regimes and reporting Risk and Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with water industry codes of practice and by the company standards for water, sewerage and wastewater and / or any agreed deviations from the specification and where necessary undertake site visits to assess;
- Good understanding of the legislative requirements relating to the adoption of assets such that we comply with them
Skills and Competencies Business Skills:
- Flexible approach
- Capability to deliver excellent customer service
- Good record keeping and management of databases
- Excellent analytical skills * Performance and delivery based
- IT skills Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- Proven ability to deliver against tight targets and timescales
- Effective communication skills
- Enthusiastic and self motivated Leadership and Management:
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.