- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our world leading aerospace client that design, develop and manufacture aircraft landing gear have an opportunity for a Manual Machinist at their site in Gloucester to work within MRO.
If you're an experienced Machinist working within a precision environment, and on the lookout for the next step in your career then we'd love to hear from you! Our busy machine shop consists of conventional machining, CNC, conventional Cylindrical Grinding, Planetary Grinding, Vertical Boring, Horizontal Boring, Turning and Honing and we're keen to speak with ambitious individuals with exposure to these skills.
As a Machinist you'll be responsible for:
- Set up and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools and precision components onto machine beds.
- Adjust and operate specialist machine tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Monitor and adjust feed and speeds during the machining process to ensure efficiency of both the machine and speed of process.
What you'll need:
- Ideally you'll have an Engineering Apprenticeship gained in the aerospace or the automotive sector.
- Experience with conventional Cylindrical Grinding, Planetary Grinding, Vertical Boring, Horizontal Boring, Turning and Honing.
- Ability to read component maintenance manuals, complex drawings and engineering layout information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to complete repairs of parts within specified dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to use a wide and varied range of precision measuring equipment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.