- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Engineer - Functional Safety
Vehicle Electrification Functional Safety Engineer required. Excellent opportunity to work with a leading UK Research-led institute, with excellent benefits and a progressive working environment.
As a Principal Functional Safety Engineer, you will work with experts from the Science, Technology and Manufacturing fields, to deliver innovative technology building blocks to novel vehicle electrification solutions.
This is a key hire for my client, so it is essential that applications have experience across all the essential criteria:
- Significant experience in functional safety ideally related to vehicle electrification.
- The ability to provide functional safety technical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, researchers and other collaborators.
- Experience in research and prototype vehicle development
- A good understanding of functional safety legislation and standards (ISO26262), ideally across sectors.
- Ability to perform detailed safety analysis and interpretation to present results and make recommendations via briefings, presentations or written reports and to guide a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, researchers and other collaborators.
- The ability to analyse and solve complex problems with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to generate high quality technical papers for peer reviewed journals
You will be working with diverse and novel applications and will need to be able to apply your functional safety knowledge across sectors and to novel technologies. This will include automotive, aerospace, off-highway, commercial, rail and marine sectors amongst others. You will need a sound knowledge of functional safety legislation and standards, ideally across different sectors.
You will help the sub-system technology experts develop the safest solutions as well as the addressing concept safety cases at vehicle level. You will need to be able to help stakeholders and partners understand functional safety and develop training material.
In return, we will provide a great range of benefits that include an attractive pension scheme, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities. You will work in a vibrant team with outstanding links to research and industry.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.