- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
System Safety Engineer
Are you an engineer that wants to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
"Voted No.11 in the Sunday Times Best 25 Big Companies to work for 2019!"
Are you interested in working with a range of cutting edge technology products to ensure they operate in the harshest of environments when people's lives depend on them? We are looking for System Safety Engineers to join a successful and dynamic team in Hertfordshire!
The System Safety Engineer will join a fast paced and diverse team where you will influence the safety aspects of technically complex and challenging products! In this role you will need to balance time and cost constraints to ensure that a safety case, comprising appropriate evidence, is constructed.
- Proved experience across Systems Safety engineering (Electronics, Software, Electrical or Mechanical)
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes, particularly in safety-related systems, and safety assessment processes.
- Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis process integrates with the system engineering process to influence the design.
- Experience in FTA (fault tree analysis), event tree analysis, FMECA, safety case, safety case report, hazard analysis.
- Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
- Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem solving skills.
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
- Detailed electronic engineering experience is highly desirable.
- Experience of other engineering disciplines (design, software, manufacture, etc.) is also desirable.
- Experience working to Defence standards such as DEFSTAN00-56, DEFSTAN00-056
- Experience in HAZID, HAZOP, SWIFT
All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
For full information, please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.