- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Bridge Engineer
My client are currently looking for a high calibre Senior Structures Engineer to join the Structures Design Team based in Cardiff.
Reporting to the Structures Team Leader, and working on the South West Design Services Contract your main responsibility will be to prepare detailed designs for maintenance and improvement schemes.
Additionally, the Client may request that you also carry out structures scheme identification and study work. You will be required to manage your own schemes and support, where possible, other staff including junior staff in the Structures Design Team.
You will be responsible to lead and manage the delivery of your schemes to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets, managing all aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example where appropriate.
* Contribute to the successful delivery of the programme of work by designing, developing and overseeing sound design solutions to meet client requirements within budget and timescale, following company processes and procedures as well as any Client specific requirements.
* Developing, designing and reviewing solutions in accordance to National design standards, procedures and requirements and any specific parameters.
* Production or overseeing of scheme documents and reports in accordance with the relevant contract.
* Compliance with Highways England and company processes, procedures and reporting requirements
* Providing technical leadership to projects
* Production and overseeing of designs that comply with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
* Contribute to the regular reporting of progress to external clients and communicating with internal line managers regarding progress against planned programme.
* Assist in the mentoring and development of staff to grow organically and the development of in-house structures capability.
* Management and Supervision of staff including resource monitoring and liaison with Highways England and the wider Community.
* Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
* The undertaking of Structural Inspections, Assessments, and Checks, along with studies and scheme identification including value management may be required.
Additionally, you may also be required to carry out:
* Structural inspections, assessments and checks
* Structures studies and scheme identification work
* Value management and engineering including early contractor involvement and liaison with Project Managers and construction teams
Skills and experience:
* A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and to be a Chartered / Incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MCIHT).
* Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures.
* Experience of working on design contracts for Highways England.
* Experience of design of highway structures to Eurocode, along with experience of DMRB and other Highways England standards.
* Leading and managing technical compliance checks for project team outputs and management and supervision of staff.
* Proficient IT Skills - including experience of structural assessment and design software.
* Detailed understanding of health and safety management and the requirements of CDM.
* Having a CSCS and Driving License is desirable.
* Experience and ability in budget management and cost control.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.