- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Lead
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Lead to join their growing team in Fareham.
We are recruiting a Mechanical Design Lead required to join a growing technology company based within the Fareham area. If you have a passion designing using 3D CAD (ideally Solidworks) and experience as a team lead - we would love to hear from you!
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding our portfolio of technology projects. Whether it's a critical health systems, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace.
As the Mechanical Design Lead, you will work within our engineering team ensuring products meet customer and market requirements across a wide range of technologies and industries, and also be involved in the design of mechanical and electromechanical products for use in medical, oil & gas to military and industrial applications.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Lead, or an ambitious Design Engineer looking to develop their career and skillset and wanting to expand on their team leadership and management capabilities. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have a real contribution to the design team to identify, design and develop products that meet specifications, look professionally engineered and that you can be justifiably proud of. You will be responsible for organising the mechanical design team and taking the lead role in complex projects. This will include deciding on best processes, materials and structural integrity from the concept stage onwards and being able to take a high-level view of the overall design and how the various different components including mechanical and electrical/electronic interact to provide an end solution. The nature of projects will vary greatly and involve electromechanical design, system integration and innovation based around computing solutions.
You will be a qualified and experienced mechanical design engineer with experience in designing and developing small to medium sized products within the computer, telecoms or marine industries or similar. Experience working within an SME is essential as will your natural ability in using computer aided design packages.
- At least 10 years' experience in mechanical designs made from predominately sheet metal fabrication within an electrical/ electronic or electro-mechanical environment.
- Knowledge or experience with injection moulding designs would be beneficial.
- Experience as a design team leader/ supervisor within a design environment.
- Experience designing using 3D CAD software.
- Experience of new product design, materials selection, modern manufacturing processes for small to medium size run rates.
- Experience of producing meaningful and accurate manufacturing drawings and assemblies.
- Understanding of revision and change control.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage and easily build rapport with people
- Organised and with excellent time management.
- Passionate, energetic and with a positive outlook.
- Process driven with logical, planned and structured methodology.
About our Company:
We are an ambitious company with an aggressive growth plan to meet our milestone for an IPO. From mobile tablets and boxed computers through to complex racks and innovative IoT platforms, we design to any form factor. Our brand values have stood the test of time and are what underpin us as a Tried, Tested and Trusted brand.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.