- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Quality Engineer
Looking for a new role and the chance to work with some of the leading Motorsport companies in the UK?
We have an exciting opportunity based on the South Coast.
- Point of Contact with Mclaren for all Quality related matters
- Document corrective & preventive actions from Customer Complaints & Internal Process Investigations & Audits and management of resulting actions.
- Drive improvement on internal quality issues with Production
- Layered Audits
- Maintain and update process documentation.
- Produce and maintain a variety of quality related statistical reports for weekly & monthly meetings
- Conduct quality related training as necessary.
- Deal with day to day quality issues.
- Conduct Quality based projects as required.
- Work with dept managers to ensure manuals and processes and procedures are fit, effective and communicated (overhaul where necessary)
- Liaise with certification body (LRQA) during Business Unit external audits
- Manage the current team of Quality people at STC
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrates and promotes opened, welcoming, listening and accommodating other's input.
- Establishes processes to ensure that operational information is communicated effectively.
- Able to negotiate and mediate.
- Good team player
- Customer Focused
Qualifications, Training, Knowledge and Experience expected:
- Degree, HNC or equivalent with engineering content.
- Relevant QA professional qualification beneficial
Proven expertise in quality focused roles in a mix of engineering projects and low volume mechanical engineering based activities
- Quality Consulting or Systems implementation an advantage.
- Automotive awareness and previous experience of TS16949
- Engineering process improvement skills (green belt or similar)
- Internal audit - ideally to ISO 9001 or TS 16949, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- 5S management
Based at Shoreham with regular visits to clients & other sites when required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.