- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our leading global shipbuilding company are currently responsible for the build of the new fleet of vessels for the Royal Canadian Navy. The team are looking for an experienced Navigation Engineer to join their team.
Your main responsibilities as the Navigation Engineer will be to manage, execute and co-ordinate the integration of the navigation systems into the Combat System, whilst ensuring the CS is performing alongside the system requirements and ship specifications.
- Participate in the design, development, verification and commissioning of the navigation systems.
- Work alongside the warfare engineers to ensure warfare system performance, design and configuration is optimized.
- Support in the naval ship combat systems design, build, commissioning and acceptance.
- Provide product safety and product environmental management.
- Approve engineering change within the Combat Systems Engineering, Systems Engineering and Project Management teams.
- Assess and evaluate technology suitability and insertion into the program.
- Be involved in the design/build process and combat systems.
- Integrate with other project teams including the Platform and Combat systems engineering teams and Project Management.
- Degree qualified in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years navigation design and integration experience within the naval industry.
- Knowledge of naval combat systems technology and operation including the installation and integration of the hardware/software systems.
Our client offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.