- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
NATS are looking to recruit experienced Test Engineers to work on the development of its future SESAR compliant platform, due to enter service by 2023. Due to the nature of this role you will need to be eligible for SC Clearance.
Work experience, skills and competencies
Candidates should have strong integration testing experience and a good understanding of the different testing methods and processes. Though Air Traffic Management (ATM) experience is not a necessity, the successful candidate will need to have broad systems test experience, preferably experience within large-scale systems of systems integration programmes.
- Support for integrated test environments, required to support training and validation activities in Prestwick. To include:
- Troubleshooting integration issues.
- Installation of new builds and or patches and performing sanity tests.
- Support for test and simulation tools.
- Carry out early integration of new components delivered within the overall application architecture.
- Investigate defects and work with suppliers to identify root cause and resolution. Analysing data and test evidence from suppliers to show compliance to requirements.
- Review requirements & design documents and seek clarification where appropriate to identify full scope of testing.
- Document test results and defects, completing Test Reports.
- Reporting progress, risks & issues to Team Leads.
- Identify data and environmental pre-requisites for Test Cases.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5 years' test experience (or 4 years' experience with ISTQB Foundation Certificate in software testing), 1 of which in a senior or lead role.
- Strong oral and written communication skills - ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, troubleshooting attitude with a willingness to learn new technologies;
- Strong understanding of Unix commands and the ability to understand IP and Network configurations.
- Ability to manage physical test environments, including hardware and software.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Demonstrable Systems Integration experience including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and debug issues across interfaces.
- Self-motivated and willing to speak to colleagues to find out missing information;
- Experience of taking ownership and driving delivery of testing projects.
- Able to understand existing Test Process and identify improvements and efficiencies.
This role is Inside IR35
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.