- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are a leading software engineering consultancy seeking experienced project managers to join them in delivering cutting edge solutions to the aeros, defence, infrastructure and energy sectors
- Managing risks (monitoring, resolving and escalating as appropriate) and opportunities across the project.
- Monitor project activities and progress.
- Monitoring and challenging the engineering teams to ensure they are meeting budgetary and deadline goals, and steers the Team Managers to achieve those goals.
- Ensuring that clients and project teams share a common understanding of project objectives.
- Defining and managing project scope, including change control and configuration management.
- Preparing and maintaining project plans and schedules.
- Establishing and maintaining effective, regular communication with and reporting to stakeholders including the client, the Portfolio Manager and the project team.
- Occasionally working with work package managers to integrate their detailed plans with the overall project plan, as appropriate
- Managing subcontractors as needed
- Building and maintaining a strong culture of delivering value to clients
Knowledge and Experience:
Substantial experience of direct project management on the full engineering lifecycle gained preferably on projects involving software development of the development of safety critical systems.
- In depth understanding of the project management principles and have knowledge of the Waterfall and 'V' models; experience of agile methods would also be desirable.
- Understanding of Regulated Industries
- Able to present ideas successfully with strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Practiced in managing multiple technical projects simultaneously from bid/design stages to implementation
- In-depth knowledge of the Shipley bid winning process or similar would be desirable
- High quality standards with focus on service delivery and exceeding customers' expectations
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and bodies of knowledge such as PRINCE2, the Praxis Framework, PMBOK, APMBOK etc
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline or with equivalent relevant industry exposure.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and numerical skills able to produce workable solutions to problems
- Experienced and competent in the use of project planning tools including Primavera, MS Project or equivalent
- MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Meticulous planning skills with highly developed organisational and time management skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.