- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We have a fantastic opportunity working for a leading innovative company based in the South.If you are looking to work for a forward thinking company who are leading the way with their technology, please read further!
Role Description: As a Test Technician you will be part of the team responsible for the development and validation of technology using in-house engine and system test facilities.
The job main roles are:
- Perform engine and system tests as specified.
- Responsibility for calibration of test bed instrumentation.
- Test cell maintenance.
- High level analysis of test data to check integrity.
- Develop test related operating procedures.
- Support the development of the required engineering processes related to team responsibilities.
- Failure analysis and concern reporting (test bed and rig related).
- Support test cell and test rig build as required.
- Support maintaining engine/system build sheets and database.
- Produce technical reports and presentations.
- Support on specification and build of new test cell systems.
- Support specification of new test rig hardware (engine and component level).
- Support maintaining test cell health and safety documentation.
Skills / Education requirement
- BTEC level degree on Engineering or equivalent.
- Desirably 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with instrumentation and data acquisition systems, including calibration processes and documentation.
- Engine dynamometer testing and/or rig testing.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid understanding mechanical systems.
Experience in the following areas is an advantage but not mandatory:
- Reciprocating piston engines.
- Cryogenic systems.
- Refrigeration or Air Conditioning systems.
In addition to the education and experience requirements, the following personal characteristics are a requirement of the role:
- A genuine interest in Powertrain Engineering, and an excellent grasp of data handling and engineering fundamentals.
- Adaptable in the role, with an ability to embrace change.
- Self-starting and proactive. A can-do approach.
- Excellent teamworking, interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
- Pride in the task, and a high degree of ownership of his / her objectives
For more information and to apply, please contact Amy Lapworth on 01489 898833 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.