- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Junior Design Engineer
Looking to start a new role ready for next year?
Looking to progress into a new environment?
The companies cutting-edge technology uniquely harnesses liquid air to deliver zero emissions power and cooling. It is developing a portfolio of proprietary technologies, products and services, which deliver significant reductions in operating cost, fuel usage and emissions, at low capital cost.The technology will be used to provide sustainable and efficient transport refrigeration, is currently undergoing trials.The company is building an international reputation for innovation, rigour, commercial acumen and engineering excellence, all to fulfil its primary objective - to make the world a cleaner, cooler place.
Role Description: Reporting to the Head of Design, you will undertake design focused on a number of components and assemblies of the Dearman Engine and various systems it is integrated with. This will include a range of projects from high level concept work to more detailed component design and validation.
- Co-ordinate with the Head of Design to manage work requests and engineering changes using agreed Dearman standards
- Detailed design of components, assemblies, systems and test rigs to be used in the company's development and test operations. Use of tolerance studies and ISO Standard GD & T.
- Liaison with analysis and operations functions, providing technical details and incorporating product requirements.
- Contribution to supplier selection and liaison.
- Reporting on project and work package progress at group review meetings.
- Assist in the continuous development of company standards and procedures relating to design and drawing control.
- Contribute to materials selection and structural analysis review of various Dearman components
- Providing technical support to our project partners utilising Dearman supplied hardware.
- Development and maintenance of appropriate risk, design and development management procedures.
- Relevant degree or qualification in Engineering.
- Junior up to 3 years of experience working in a relevant Engineering discipline such as engines, heat transfer, refrigeration, or power systems in a design role.
- Experience of liaison with customers or suppliers.
- Experience with engine data management system
- Experience of utilising ERP & PLM Systems
- Use of Solidworks or similar 3D CAD package.
- Use of Ansys or similar FEA package.
- Existing team experience ( optional )
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.