- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are seeking a Pathology Manager for a state of the art private laboratory in a Manchester hospital. If you have management experience and are a experienced BMS, this could be for you.
We are working with a respected private healthcare provider, with a new hospital in Manchester, helping them find a Pathology Manager to join and manage, organise and develop the services offered there. To liaise with consultants, the hospital general manager and other team members to ensure the provision of a CPA/ISO 15189 compliant pathology service in an efficient and cost effective manner.
The lab is open 7am- 8pm Monday-Friday, with reduced Saturday hours and Sunday requirements. If successful, your role will be weekday shift based with requirement to work some weekend shifts on occasion.
The lab covers a wide scope of Pathology, including Blood Science, Microbiology and Bacteriology. If successful, you will be managing a team of roughly 30 people including a Deputy Pathology Manager.
- Develop and evaluate the effective control of pathology services, including the movement of specimens, tissue and blood.
- Supervision of research and development.
- Develop practice in the application of technology for measuring and monitoring pathology investigations.
- Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills to an advanced level, leading the development of others.
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security.
- Lead and assist others in maintaining and developing services, quality improvement and the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices.
- Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
- Maintain and support the effective use of physical and financial resources
- Undertake human resource activities for the pathology team.
- Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Honours Degree in BMS or equivalent allowing individual to be eligible for Associate Membership of the Institute of Biomedical Science.
- HCPC Registered.
- Management experience across a clinical team, experience in performance driven culture while maintaining safe standards.
- Meeting financial and budgetary targets.
- Evidence of implementing improvement initiatives, coaching and leadership skills, including sharing evidence based practice with colleagues to enhance service and standards.
- Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
- Experience supporting commercial development of pathology services locally, actively creating new business opportunities to support sales and profit targets and having business Development skills e.g. creation of business cases.
- Auditing skills across clinical standards and departments
- HR policies and procedures, particularly Performance Review.
- Possess medical device competencies
- Keeps abreast of developments in pathology practice and current healthcare issues.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.