- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Electrical Engineer
My Client is recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer in the Water Sector.
As Principal Electrical Design Engineer located in the North of England you will report to the Head of Design. You will be based in either our Warrington or Normanton office but crucially will be responsible for leading our electrical design function and output from both locations to support all of our clients in the North, and potentially beyond. As you will see, this is predominantly a technical role and we are seeking candidates with significant experience and a strong track record in technical design delivery in the water industry.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Technical leadership for the electrical design function. Be responsible for managing and further developing sub-processes and electrical design activities we undertake
- Ensuring technical excellence, you will seek optimum solutions and drive our teams to produce efficient designs that balance capital and operational costs and benefits, identifying and managing opportunities and risks, promoting innovation in our outputs, and ensuring that procedural technical governance is adhered to
- Industry practice champion - you will be responsible for ensuring that applicable industry standards and codes of practice are upheld, and working with designers, ensure that they abide by client particular specifications and requirements.
- Design for safe construction and operation - working with our wider project delivery teams you will ensure that health and safety is at the heart of what we do, safeguarding our workforce, our clients' personnel and the public by implementing designs that can be safely and efficiently built, commissioned, optimised, operated and decommissioned.
- Be responsible for ensuring that these issues are identified, avoided, reduced, or safely managed, through technical governance and risk and opportunity management. Lessons learnt on projects, both good and bad must be fed back and promoted or avoided on future schemes
- Technical development of staff by sharing and imparting knowledge to our teams is essential as is the need to mentor and develop our expanding design team
- Encourage and support development of our staff towards professional accreditation and chartered status, as well as STEM engagement with local schools, colleges and universities to encourage engineering as a career
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in an electrical discipline
- Significant experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment and their component processes
- Extensive water industry electrical / ICA design expertise
- Working knowledge of CDM
- Commercial and contractual awareness and the implications of design in effective project delivery
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and / or Google software packages
- The ability to work in a busy environment under pressure
- Good time management skills to prioritise a varied workload to comply with tight deadlines
- Chartered Engineer (or able and ready to progress to chartered status)
- HV experience
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and FEA software's would be an advantage
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.