- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hardware Engineer - BAE069495- Warton - 12 Months - £41.00 LTD / £32.01 PAYE
A vacancy for a Hardware Engineer exists in the Air Service - Test Solutions (TS) team
Test Solutions are a computing systems organisation whose primary function is the provision and support of data acquisition / simulation / server-based systems.
The role will focus primarily on the development of a number of server facilities, associated client, and networked storage facilities for a new Mission Planning System being delivered to the RAF over the next 18 months.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to HNC level or higher in an Engineering related subject, have a minimum of 5+ years hardware experience, have experience of the full hardware lifecycle and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional. The candidate will require excellent two-way communication skills, as they will need to work with other engineers at a range of levels including both the MoD and RAF customer. The candidate will be required to design, document, assemble, install and release a number of server-centred multi-client systems and assist the team through product development in tight delivery timescales. The candidates must be willing to travel to customer sites in the UK, using road and / or air transport, spending periods of up to 2 weeks away.
Key Responsibility Areas:
To deliver hardware to the customer's programme, within allocated budgets, according to the standards in the TS Quality Management System, including the following:
1. Hardware Design, both mechanical and electrical
2. Computer Aided Design - using Microsoft Visio software to design modular computing server cabinets
3. Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.)
4. Configuration activities
5. Documentation and release of built products
Skill Set: Essential
- Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional
- 2. Hardware and electrical design
- 3. Good Technical report writing (MS Office tools)
4. Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage
5. Previous experience of computing product configuration would be an advantage
- 5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 12.30pm Fri).
- Hours required to work per week are 37.00 unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks). - Start and finish times to be agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours. - Lunch break (unpaid) is 42 minutes which will automatically be deducted each working day from 12.30pm to 13.12pm by the electronic time management system.
- Dependant on workload, local management may request more or less hours are worked within this contract.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.