- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There is a contract opportunity for a Junior level Safety Engineer to join Matchtech's key client in the Defence industry, this is an initial 12 month contract based in Weymouth.
As a Junior Safety Engineer you will be carrying out a range of Safety Engineering activities and analyses on all areas of the Submarine Combat System, including Navigation, Command and Control, and Communication systems. This work will contribute to the development and maintenance of Def Stan 00-56 safety cases, to demonstrate that the safety risks of operating the submarine are as low as reasonably practicable.
* Determine and manage stakeholder requirements
* Understand customer requirements
* Hazard identification and risk analysis
* Product safety management system
* Safety assessment
* Safety case and safety case report
* Safety, HF and operability requirements capture and management
Demonstrable experience in safety engineering and activities contributing to the production of product safety cases
* Relevant engineering qualification such as BEng/ MEng or equivalent
* Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan 00-56, IEC 61508 or similar)
* Applicants should be able to demonstrate domain knowledge in at least one of the the following:
o Complex Electronic Systems
o Software Development
o Maritime Navigation
o Command and Control Systems
o Sonar Systems
o Virtualised Networks
o Radio Communications
o Radar Systems
o Underwater Weapons
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.