- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer
New Year , New career?
I have an opportunity with a leading Automotive company that are looking for a new member to join there team.
- Work to industry and Engineering standards and practices.
- Concept, design and detailing of components, fabrications, machined parts and GA assembly drawings..
- Understanding of basic engineering calculations.
- Team working/ good communications.
- Ability to work to agreed timescales, budgets and constraints.
- CAD & computer literacy.
- Working towards understanding of mechanical drafting standards.
- Working towards gaining knowledge of regulations, British Standards and codes of practice relevant to the equipment being designed.
- Create and maintain design records inclusive of records of design calculations and assumptions.
Ability to design mechanical components that include laser cut parts and machined parts
Ability to produce fabrication drawings and GA drawings of multiple components and mechanisms.
Ability to design moving parts that have various linkages and pivots controlled by actuators.
Compilation of Engineering Master Parts Lists (BOM) and design release documentation.
Problem solving where required for associated parts/assemblies/mechanisms
Ability to produce basic engineering calculations to validate designs.
- Mechanical engineering principles.
- 3 years Drawing/design office experience.
- Proficient using Autodesk Inventor
- Knowledge of moving mechanisms involving linkages, pivots and actuators to control.
- HNC/HND/Degree or
- sufficient experience to demonstrate equivalent level of knowledge.
- Ability to communicate (verbally & written) at all levels in the business.
- Proficient operator of Microsoft Office products.
- Must hold full UK driving licence.
If this role is of interest, please get in contact with myself to discuss further.
Amy Lapworth |01489 898833 | email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.