- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Aircraft Documentation Engineer (GOLDesp)
Our client, a leading Aerospace organisation, are currently looking for an Aircraft Documentation Controller with GOLDesp experience to work for them on a long-term contract based out of their site in Yeovil, Somerset.
As Aircraft Documentation Engineer you will control and facilitate the activities in the aircraft documentation area of the Documentation centre.
Your main activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure contact specifications are maintained during aircraft production, modification and development.
- Create, compile, approve and maintain all aspects of Aircraft Servicing Forms, airframe and component log cards for production and development aircraft ensuring all activities are accurately and correctly recorded.
- Review current information and forecast correctly all servicing and lifed components.
- Review and present aircraft documentation / electronic format to the customer in accordance with the business needs.
- Produce and provide the aircraft line managers with short and long term servicing, and maintenance forecast.
- Audit and report the standard of aircraft documentation on receipt or despatch of an aircraft to ensure conformance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Interfacing with the Integrated Projects Teams in respect to documentation, lifed components and servicing issues.
- Maintain and update electronic formats for aircraft on the system (GOLDesp).
- You should have served a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship in the Aerospace Industry or Armed Forces and have adequate experience in manufacture, installation and maintenance activity on aircraft components, assemblies or systems.
- A comprehensive knowledge and experience of aircraft documentation including the Integrated Electronic Technical Publications, and GOLDesp (to Level 5 Supervisor).
- Be conversant with the construction/compilation of the Aircraft Servicing Form and Log cards.
- A comprehensive knowledge of aircraft publications and drawing systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with both internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated but also has the ability to work as a team member.
- Computer literacy including competence in Microsoft Office software and presentation packages. Experience with SAP is desirable but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.