- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Civil Engineer (Highways)
The role involves the design and delivery of highways improvement schemes to programme, quality and budget. Projects will cover a wide range of traffic / highways schemes from outline design to construction and delivery of As Built details
- Comply with safe working practices in accordance with Ringway Jacobs Health & Safety Policy demonstrating commitment for zero incidents.
- Assist in the development, implementation of processes and procedures that achieve client and business key performance indicators.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by your line manager in connection with the business and its stakeholders and customers
- To design a range of traffic engineering / highways design schemes using existing best practice guidance and within the current legislative framework.
- To assist with the preparation of reports for projects, to Clients and attend meetings regarding such.
- To prepare and assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services. To ensure that schemes are delivered on time and within budget.
- To provide timely and accurate advice to Councillors, Parish Councils and the general public on all highway-related matters as required.
- To ensure the team's performance in providing speedy and courteous responses to queries and complaints is in accordance with relevant targets and standards.
- To assist with the management and provision of technical support for staff dealing with all aspects of the service.
- To provide assistance to the functional leader or Senior Engineer in relation to all aspects covered within the group and deputise in their absence.
- Support Health and Safety, Environmental Management System, Quality Management System.
- To ensure strong budgetary control and financial management is undertaken throughout areas of responsibility.
- To appear as required as expert witness at Crown Court, Public Inquiries and Hearings, prepare detailed evidence as specialist on practice issues and liaise with Counsel and solicitors in case preparation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- HNC/HND Civil Engineering or equivalent preferable.
- Mandatory - Current valid driving licence and use of a car.
- Desirable - Formal qualification in safety management.
- Substantial experience within Highways Sector gained within the design and/ or delivery of Integrated Transport projects or similar.
- Extensive knowledge and application of Highway Legislation including the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs).
- Extensive knowledge of design procedures, guidance and standards and good practice documents including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Traffic Advisory Leaflets (TALs).
- Knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations
- Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation including Construction (Design & Management) Regulations and an appropriate level of understanding of the principles of safety and the ability to apply this in the workplace.
- A good understanding of the NEC3 form of contract and its application within Highways Works.
- Experience of coordinating multiple projects within an urban and rural environment.
- Good IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project as a minimum.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Traffic Management Act and its application.
- Experience of working with contractors and the public.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.