- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer - BAE069615 - Warton - 6 Months - £41.00 LTD / £32.01 PAYE.
A vacancy exists within Air Service EW - Test Solutions for a computing systems Engineer.
Test Solutions (TS) of Air Service, are the major supplier of computer based test, simulation and training systems to a variety of internal and external customers.
The role for a systems engineer, as part of an integrated product development team, will be to participate in the design, development and testing of these computer based systems. The job holder will operate across the full expanse of the Engineering Lifecycle from requirements generation through to test and customer acceptance. The role is likely to require exposure to both internal and external customers, and the job holder will need to draw upon the specialist engineering knowledge within the team in order to produce a coherent system design.
The ideal candidate will need to support interpretation of challenging customer requirements within tight timescales. Potential candidates should be degree educated in a science or engineering discipline, or have several years of experience in developing products to the engineering lifecycle. All candidates should have sound IT skills and knowledge of home PC and/or industrial computing systems (hardware, operating systems and programming languages). Previous design or test experience of aircraft avionics would also be beneficial. The role will require some use of the IBM Telelogic DOORS Requirements Management tool, so previous experience is preferred, however training can be provided to the successful candidate.
Essential - Degree educated in computing science/engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
Desirable - Knowledge of the IBM Telelogic DOORS Requirements Management Tool
Desirable - Knowledge of PC hardware/components and their various operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc)
Desirable - Knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle and an awareness of programming languages (primarily Ada and Python, but others would also be beneficial).
Desirable - Knowledge of setting up and configuring computing systems would be beneficial.
To deliver computing systems to the customer's programme, within allocated budgets, according to the standards in the TS Quality Management System, including the following:
- Management and interpretation of customer requirements to aid with the production of the initial system design and specification.
- Liaison with the team's specialist hardware, software and computing engineers to assist them in the correct production of sub-system specifications.
- Integration of the sub-system components in accordance with the system design.
- Production of system integration test procedures to fully test the system whilst showing compliance with the original design requirements.
- Adherence to relevant Air and departmental design standards and processes.
- Supporting internal and customer design reviews including formal BAE Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) Design Reviews.
- Supporting system commissioning at customer premises.
- Complete computing system configuration activities including documentation and release.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.