- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Alarm Optimisation Specialist
My client, a leader within the Utilities industry, is looking for Alarm Optimisation Specialists to join their brand new team on a permanent basis.
Overall purpose of the role
Focus on improving the quality of alarms and telemetry data that is received within the Operational Control department through various activities and continuous improvement.
You will provide the critical link between the field operations teams and the regional control centre by gathering information and knowledge from the experts within the field, and ensuring the sites telemetry alarms are optimised in line with company standards.
- Lead and facilitate Alarm Optimisation workshops for operational teams
- Building and managing the programme of workshops to ensure deadlines are met and targets achieved
- Build up knowledge of the products available, the business requirements and the processes and standards required to ensure the business and operations are running efficiently in regards to Alarm response.
- Provide clear and concise updates to the Alarm Optimisation engineers and Telemetry technical teams so that the requirements can be built into the Alarm Handling software
- Advise stakeholders on future improvements, particularly integration opportunities in the organisation
- Develop, maintain and ensure adherence to standards and processes for Alarm Management
- Escalate any issues and concerns to the Alarm Control Manager
* Knowledge or experience of Wastewater/Water assets and treatment processes
* Have a strong understanding of regulations, compliance and health and safety
*Alarm handling best practices /standards/governance/change control
* Experience working with schematic displays or situational awareness tools
* Telemetry system knowledge or experience
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
* Experience in building relationship with internal/external stakeholders
This role will require a high level amount of travel, so a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential
* Excellent organisational skills
* Effective communication skills across various levels
* Self-starter with a passion for quickly learning and implementing new concepts
* Attention to detail
* Creative, logical and analytical mind-set
* Ability to own and manage content with responsibility for ensuring it's up-to-date *
Motivation to drive continuous improvement processes and ensure that capacity is maximised
Due to the nature of the work, you will be required to undergo a basic security check if successful in this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.