- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Alarm Optimisation Engineer
My client, a leader within the Utilities industry, is looking for a number of Alarm Optimisation Engineers to join their brand new team on a permanent basis.
Overview of the role:
Your role is to improve the quality of alarms and telemetry data by providing supporting risk visualisations tools and dashboards using the corporate solutions available.
- Build, design and maintain risk visualisations of sites and processes
- Taking operational requirements from Alarm Optimisation specialists and designing complex risk visualisation solutions/analytical dashboards that improve ability to create a resilient water future customers
- Provide support, training and guidance to the Alarm Controllers and Duty Managers as to how best to use the tools provided so that they can be used effectively in genuine events
- Develop, maintain and adhere to standards and processes for Pi/Prism in link with tool development
- Promote best practices and share knowledge across the business in regards to risk visualisations
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis and rectification for issues identified within the tool
- Continuous Improvement of alarm management capabilities and identifying opportunities to exploit current solutions further
- Carry out daily checks and ensure all areas of the system are running correctly
- Escalate issues and concerns to the Alarm Control Manager
* Extensive knowledge or experience of Wastewater/Water assets and treatment processes
* Experienced with software configuration - ideally using Pi
* Designing and maintaining schematic displays
* Extensive Telemetry system knowledge and/or experience
* Bachelor's degree in engineering is desirable
* Excellent organisational skills
* Desire and ability to work in fast-paced environment.
* Attention to detail
* Creative, logical and analytical mind-set
* Self-starter with a passion for quickly learning and implementing new concepts
* Strong relationship building and communications skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Motivation to drive continuous improvement processes and ensure that capacity is maximised
Please be aware that due to the nature of the work, you will be required to undergo a basic security check if successful.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.