- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Security Systems Engineer
The Senior Security Systems Engineer is responsible for the technical strategy, standards, requirements and specifications for the physical security systems (CCTV, access control, intruder detection) for the HS2 railway infrastructure.
- Engagement and management of stakeholders to ensure a holistic approach for development of engineering solutions.
- Provide technical assurance for Security Systems.
- Work closely with the wider operations and engineering disciplines to develop the Physical Security Systems solutions that consider all relevant systems and sub-systems.
- Develop requirements, specifications and standards which deliver railway capability, while mitigating environmental impacts, within the programme and budget.
- Develop technical solutions involving proof of concept.
- Manage the technical risk for the Physical Security Systems works.
- Provide technical expertise and advice relating to the Physical Security Systems to the wider project organisation and external stakeholders.
- Manage engineering aspects of work packages and suppliers, as required.
- You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity & Respect.
- Technical skills to develop robust, traceable technical requirements to facilitate successful execution of engineering contracts.
- Collaborative working with suppliers to develop technical solutions from operational and technical requirements.
- Presentation skills to deliver complex written and oral communications and presentations suitable for a broad audience and a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage people, time and prioritise workloads appropriately.
- HND, Degree, or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Good understanding of Physical Security Systems and their relationship to railway operations.
- Knowledge of development, design and construction of Physical Security Systems projects.
- Understanding of issues surrounding future-proofing of Physical Security Systems assets.
- Understanding of the technical issues associated with current and future Physical Security Systems technology.
- Working knowledge of CDM & CSM regulations.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Participated in the development or delivery of Physical Security Systems associated with modern railways or similar client organisations.
- Working knowledge of the application of technical standards, both national and international, which apply Physical Security Systems and railway system design and operation.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary management team within a large, complex project
- Establishment of requirements and evaluation of proposed solutions
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.