- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Engineer - Traffic Management
My client is looking for a Senior Engineer - Traffic Management on a 5 month initial contract basis. The Senior Traffic Management is responsible for developing the technical standards, requirements and specifications.
- Leading the engagement and management of stakeholders to ensure a holistic approach for development of engineering solutions.
- Providing technical assurance for Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems.
- Provide LoD Level 1 technical input against designated systems.
- Working closely with the wider operations and engineering disciplines to develop the Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems solutions that consider all relevant systems and sub-systems.
- Lead the development of requirements, specifications and standards which deliver railway capability, while mitigating environmental impacts, within the programme and budget.
- Lead the development of technical solutions involving proof of concept.
- Act as the technical lead for commercially sensitive aspects such as tender evaluations.
- Lead the management of technical risk for the Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems works.
- Providing technical expertise and advice relating to the Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems to the wider project organisation and external stakeholders.
- Manage engineering aspects of work packages and suppliers, as required.
- You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity & Respect.
- Technical skills to develop robust, traceable technical requirements to facilitate successful execution of engineering contracts.
- Collaborative working with suppliers to develop technical solutions from operational and technical requirements.
- Presentation skills to deliver complex written and oral communications and presentations suitable for a broad audience and a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise workloads appropriately
- Degree, or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Chartered professional status or working towards chartership.
- Good understanding of Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems and their relationship to railway operations.
- Understanding of Traffic Management & Rail Control system design integration and commissioning processes.
- Understanding of development, design and construction of Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems projects.
- Understanding of Railway Systems Assurance processes and the application of the Common Safety Method, Risk Assessment process (CSM-RA).
- Awareness of relevant modelling software and its role in engineering solution development.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Development or delivery of Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems associated with modern railways or similar client organisations.
- Working knowledge of the application of technical standards, both national and international, which apply Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems and railway system design and operation.
- Working knowledge of the technical issues associated with current and future Traffic Management & Rail Control Systems technology.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary management team within a large, complex project
- Establishment of requirements and evaluation of proposed solutions
- Project planning and organisation to meet significant project deadlines
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.