- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We have a fantastic opportunity available at a leading Motorcycle company
If you have a passion for Motorcycle engineering, get in contact today!
Job role overview: Our Design department is made up of various different project teams who shape, design and develop our well-loved and iconic motorcycles. As part of our motorcycle design we are committed to developing powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance desires of our customers whilst meeting the environmental regulations of tomorrow. Successful applicants will play a huge part in the design of the motorcycle components so that we can meet our ambitious future targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To produce schemes of motorcycle assemblies on 3D CAD.
- To produce fully detailed drawings on 3D CAD to BS 8888.
- To produce completed designs with the following parameters decided and fully specified
- Heat Treatment
- Surface Finish
- Geometric Tolerances
- When producing the above designs the following aspects should be considered
- Manufacturing method
- Strength/fatigue calculations
- Corrosion resistance
- Finishing (e.g. paint ability)
- Ease of assembly
- Use of existing fasteners
- Clearance to other components
- Warranty data on similar components
- Department procedures
- To release components through the design change system.
- To liaise with other Triumph Departments and external suppliers.
- To produce and update engineers lists.
- To produce specifications/planning drawings for suppliers.
- To have the capability to use computer programs and advanced analysis (e.g. FEA) if required.
- To follow Department and Quality Procedures.
- To assist in creating & updating department procedures.
- To provide engineering guidance to any CAD Designer who may be allocated to help with their work.
- To complete all the above responsibilities to agreed timescales and with minimal supervision To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.
Engineering and Task Management:
- Deputise for the Design Team Leader or Senior Project Engineer in his/her absence.
- Take full responsibility for major areas of a project from initial scheming through to production.
- Take responsibility for the concept stage of a new model project.
- Take responsibility for the final stages of a new model project.
- Demonstrate the level of authority required to represent the Design and Development department when in discussion with suppliers, consultants, sub-contractors or other Triumph departments.
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the company.
- Ensure Engineering knowledge is communicated throughout the Design and Development department by attending, contributing to and chairing working groups.
- Represent the Design team in project and design change meetings as required, including signing design change notes.
- Understand the consequences of and be prepared to make decisions.
Maths and English GCSE grade C or above.
Mechanical or Automotive based engineering degree (BEng or MEng).
Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience in progressing designs through to development and manufacture.
Involvement in 3D CAD Design. Experience of liaising with suppliers and manufacturing departments
Self-motivated and resilient. Flexible and adaptable.
Able to take instruction and work under pressure.
Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills. Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
Confident working to tight deadlines.
Ability to be able to apply a pragmatic approach when required.
If this role is of interest, feel free to give myself a call to discuss further.
Amy Lapworth | 01489 898833 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.