- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Multitasking CNC Lathe Setter/Operator
Got some spare time on your hands?
Interested in a weekend opportunity? Read Further ...........
We are seeking a machining setter operator, to increase our capability / capacity in this area, working on our new Weekend Night Shift.
This role involves working in a small team to deliver high quality transmission components, mainly for the motorsport / aerospace industries, with a right first time philosophy. You will be supported by our EdgeCam and Delcam off line programming, as well as your team leader and be working on Mazak Integrex i-200-ST Multi Axis Machining Centres
The successful candidate will have to demonstrate that they:
- can produce components from drawing / planning route cards to the highest quality, and within the routed time.
- Show a proactive and innovative approach to supporting the team, thrive on problem solving and have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the team.
- Applicants must have experience working primarily with Mazak/Fanuc controls, but Mazatrol programming experience would be beneficial, multitasking lathe experience would be advantageous.
- Be flexible towards all other areas of manufacturing, therefore experience with Mazak VariAxis i500/i600 machines, and setting/operating two axis CNC Lathe machines would also be beneficial.
- Be willing to work overtime when required to achieve delivery dates.
- The candidate must be able to read and understand programmes also be able to edit programmes and alter speeds and feeds if required to.
- The candidate must have good knowledge and understanding of turning tips and milling cutters being used.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.