- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Systems Engineer
There are two requirements for Principal Systems Engineers to join Matchtech's key client in the Defence sector.
As a Systems Engineer, you will be working on a novel, multi-discipline, multi-subject matter, safety system project, providing you with an excellent opportunity to influence the design and operation of the UK's fleet of submarines, both in-service and future classes.
Your main responsibilities as a Systems Engineer will involve:
* Authoring System Requirements Specifications and Subsystem Technical Specifications
* Participation in trade studies defining key performance requirements
* Providing support to Transverse (non-functional) requirement owners, e.g. Safety, Information Assurance, Availability, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability
* Liaising with Platform Teams
* Involvement in the Technical management of equipment suppliers
* Providing support to Verification and Validation activities
What we're looking for in you:
You will be a good team player, self-motivated and driven, with the ability to prioritise your workload appropriately. You must be a good, confident communicator and able to interact with stakeholders of all levels.
Your skills and qualifications as a Systems Engineer:
* Demonstrable experience in systems engineering including design work
* Definition of System and Subsystem Requirements
* DOORS requirements management experience
It would also be beneficial if your skills and experience included:
* Experience in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
* Experience in high Safety Integrity Level (SIL) design practices
* Experience in high availability design practices
* Knowledge of Systems lifecycle model and technical artefacts needed for lifecycle reviews
* Knowledge of submarine, or surface ship, or air command and control systems
Please note, you must be a Sole British National who is SC cleared / clearable to apply for this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.