- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager - Cycling Projects
Project Manager experience in Tranpsport Planning or Traffic Engineering needed to lead on the development of two cycling improvement schemes from inception through to implementation.
- Oversee and develop projects from inception through to implementation
- Develop and continually update project plans, programmes and risk registers
- Develop detailed budget/funding plans
- Develop and implement stakeholder & engagement (consultation) plans and related activities, including regular stakeholder liaison
- Work closely with the Project Sponsor, Design Team Manager and Design Lead at all times in developing consultations, writing briefs for consultants (such as traffic signal modelling briefs, and so on)
- Prepare consultation materials and analyse consultation responses
- Prepare reports for Senior Management/Directors including consultation decision reports
- Assist in preparation and presentation of professional and technical advice to the Council, Cabinet and committees and other Council departments on matters of scheme design, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, statutory and other Council plans, policies and guidelines
- Be responsible for project finances and milestones, and provide project budget and programme updates to Project Board meetings and the Capital Programme Board
- Liaison across the Council's teams and departments to identify linkages and synergies
The role involves working closely with colleagues in various departments including Transport Strategy and Engineering Services (Highways), and stakeholders such as Councillors, Transport for London, the Council's Cycling Campaign, London Living Streets, Emergency Services and local representation groups.
- Degree or equivalent in a subject related to transport planning or traffic engineering or corporate membership or incorporated status of a recognised professional institution with some post qualification experience
- Experience of working closely with various groups e.g. - community groups and to have an understanding of and experience in responding to their needs.
- An understanding of how traffic and transport policies and techniques can be applied to achieve certain objectives.
- Evidence of continuing professional development, including seeking out and developing best practice and innovation.
- Experience of writing and presenting briefing notes, reports and decision papers at a high level.
- Ability to express complex information accurately, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Good understanding of the wider context of traffic, transport, engineering and scheme design, including parking, land use planning, urban design, and road safety, and demonstrating an appreciation of the role they have in delivering other corporate priorities, such as sustainability and regeneration.
- Ability to work closely with elected members and of leading public meetings and similar engagement.
- Good understanding of the policy and legislative framework in which the service operates (e.g. national, regional and wider Council policy).
- Experience in the delivery of cycling and walking schemes in an urban environment, preferably in Central London or another metropolitan city centre
- Experience of project management for Traffic Engineering and/or public realm improvement projects.
- Experience of working in a Transport Planning and/or Traffic Engineering environment.
- Ability to use support systems, including IT systems necessary for the delivery of cost effective, high quality schemes and services.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.