- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Quantity Surveyor
One of our leading clients is looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to support their existing and future network of exciting projects.
The provision of accurate and timely commercial reports and advice to the bid management and senior management team whilst monitoring contracts and reporting against the appropriate commercial targets. Provision of support and advice to the project commercial teams.
Ensure that projects are managed effectively in line with the clients governance, policies and procedures.
Key Relationships/ Interfaces
Project manager; other project team members; client stakeholders; designers; subcontractors, Commercial Team members, the legal and insurance department, finance department, pre-construction procurement, and operational teams.
Main Overall Activities of the role
- Financial and commercial processes
- Commercial management and contract administration
- Planning and programmes
- Cost planning and pre-contract cost control
- Project/commercial management reporting
- Recording works progress and assessing the effects of delay, prolongation and disruption
- Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Rates and Activity Schedules
- Management of interim and financial accounts
- BSc in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
- Working towards or prepared to work towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB/ ICES)
- Holds an appropriate Construction Skills Certification Scheme card or prepared to obtain one.
- 5 years relevant post qualification experience
In addition to the above experience the following skills would be advantageous
- Experience of administering NEC forms of contracts
- Experience of finding positive solutions to complex problems
- Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
- Commercial understanding of all aspects of the operations being controlled
- Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice.
- Able to identify and implement effective business management processes
- Must possess an excellent understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop the business both technically and commercially.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
The role holder must be able to demonstrate that they have the following personal, interpersonal, professional practice and business skills
- Excellent knowledge of standard forms of construction contracts notably NEC
- Must be a team leader and player
- Good time management
- Good manager and motivator
- Commitment to business success
- Flexibility of approach
- Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable
- Committed to partnering and integration
- Committed to continuous improvement and Innovation
- Consistently work to Colas's high ethical standards and be able to demonstrate high levels of personal probity
- Motivated by results
- Work to understand customer and business needs and expectations and to establish long term relationships.
- Enhance their own and others existing skills by developing new skills and expertise.
- Have the skills and ability to gain other's agreement to an acceptance of ideas or proposed actions.
- Are able to identify, allocate and monitor resources in order to achieve goals.
- Prioritise and schedule objectives so as to optimise time, cost and quality.
- Inspire and motivate others through the use of appropriate leadership style to suit the team and situation.
- Have the capability to work well within a team environment.
- Are able to create collaborative working relationships and effective partnerships.
- Have excellent numeric and computer literacy skills and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Persuade and influence others to gain agreement to and acceptance of ideas.
- Have a systematic and timely approach to decision making, problem solving and change management.
- Are able to analyse information to identify the key elements of an issue.
- Take responsibility and accountability for the health and safety of themselves and those they work with. Maintain familiarity with all relevant safe working procedures and instructions.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.