- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
An opportunity has arisen for a team of Electricians, based in Portsmouth.
Suitable candidates will come from a marine/ship repair background and have a sound understanding of electrical work, being able to carry out the various techniques used in ship repair. You will also have a good understanding of safe systems of work including electrical work, confined spaces, working at height and ideally Royal Navy specific safety operations.
A basic knowledge of mechanical systems and associated equipment would also be beneficial.
Day to Day duties:
- Read/Interpret Electrical Drawings and Guidance information.
- Ensure safe systems of work are carried out at all times
- Undertake new system fits across all classes of Royal Navy vessels.
- Install various types of Electrical Equipment such as motors, starters, control panels, Radar and associated equipment, weapons systems, internal and external comms.
- Fault diagnosis and defect rectification.
- Carry out Electrical Testing.
- Execute various crimping techniques. ERMA, Gold pin.
- Terminate multiple types of Cable.
- Install Cable Support Systems. Cable Tray/Basket/Conduit/Hangers
- Install/Reeve cables
- Pack various types of glands / transits. Roxtec, RISE, Brattberg.
- Terminate multi pin plugs such as 608 and Amphinol.
- Remove and install basic mechanical and constructive items as required.
- Must follow all general and specific QHSE rules and regulations
- There may be occasions when you would be asked to work/travel outside of the main location
Candidates must have served an apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 equivalent (and be able to provide proof) as well as hold valid CTC or SC clearance.
Rate of pay:
£21/h Ltd/Umbrella Mon - Fri, £23/h Ltd/Umbrella Weekends
Minimum 3 month contract
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.