- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Design/ Mechanical Engineer
Design Engineer required in Southampton with Consumer Electronics experience
Our client are looking for a Design/Mechanical Engineer to support Product Development at their Research and Development centre in Southampton
The role will include:
* Interpreting design drawings for design for manufacturing (DFM)
* Managing improvement projects/changes for manufacturability, cost reduction, complexity reduction, material selection or consumer complaint reduction.
* Reviewing the design of new products based on best design principles
* Ensuring that all improvements have been thoroughly tested and robust design verification plans are in place
* Review and perform defective product investigations and establish root cause
* Working with third-party designers to ensure all performance, visual and regulatory specifications are properly described and understood
* Ensuring all specification and regulation requirements are captured for all markets during commercialisation handover and as new markets and continuous development changes are introduced
* Implement and monitor manufacturing KPIs to ensure design and manufacturing capabilities are met and maintained.
* Pro-actively introduce new design developments to maintain capability, yields, cost, specification and regulatory requirements.
* Create reports and learning documents for future design improvements.
The suitable candidate will need to possess the following skills/attributes:
* 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks preferable)
* DFMEA / FMEA analysis
* 8D / DPI analysis
* Materials choice for manufacturability, operational performance and environmental concerns
* Experience with hand-held consumer electronics
* Experience with plastic injection moulding
This role is initially for 6 months but could last longer depending on project demands
Up to £400 per days (LTD company)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.