- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Maritime Environmental Engineer
Located in Halifax, on the stunning East Coast of Canada, this project is Canada's most exciting project for the last 30 years. With a new assembly hall and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Maritime Environmental Engineer will fulfil a key role in the team, serving as the Program's Product Environmental Subject Matter Expert, to execute the Environmental Program, develop the Environmental Case and coordinate Environmental Certification.
- Coordinate and execute the Safety and Environmental Program
- Provide technical expertise in support of the development, documentation and evaluation of deliverables related to Environmental Engineering and Certification
- Plan and conduct Environmental Hazard / Impact assessments
- Provide support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks and issues related to design, integration, test and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Experience in Environmental Engineering in large and complex maritime, ideally Defence, projects
- Experience in the application of Classification Society regulations and International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Conventions, e.g. MARPOL
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing & beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding or skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only a 2 hour flight to New York
I have over 7 years' experience in recruitment, and have personally supported over 40 families in their move to Canada over the last 5 years. Having also lived abroad as a child and into adulthood, I know how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applications must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.