- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Maritime Environmental Engineer
The company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard.
The Maritime Environmental Engineer will fulfil a key role in the Technical Cross Product Team, serving as the Program's Product Environmental Subject Matter Expert. Reporting to the Engineering Manager - Safety and Certification, the successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to define and execute the Environmental Program, develop the Environmental Case, and coordinate Environmental Certification. Areas of knowledge and experience are required in, but not limited to:
- Environmental Engineering
- Naval Systems
- Lloyd's Register Classification
- Environmental Hazard/Impact Identification and mitigation
- Environmental Case development
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Qualifications/training related to Environmental Engineering.
- Proven experience in the following fields:
- Environmental Engineering in large and complex maritime (preferably Defence) acquisition projects involving coordination between multiple organizations
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Excellent time management, and written and oral communication skills.
- A minimum of three years' experience in:
- Application of Classification Society rules, e.g. Lloyd's Register
- Application of International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Conventions, e.g. MARPOL
- Develop the Environmental aspects of the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Execute and coordinate the Safety and Environmental Program in accordance with the Safety and Environmental Management System, Safety and Environmental Management Plan, Regulatory and Statutory requirements, and company Policy.
- Coordinate Environmental Certification in accordance with the Certification Plan.
- Provide technical expertise in support of the development, documentation, and evaluation of deliverables related to Environmental Engineering and Certification.
- Provide support in evaluating Engineering Change to ensure that impacts, risks, and issues related to design, integration, test, and acceptance activities are identified, communicated and recorded.
- Develop the Environmental Case in accordance with the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
- Develop subcontractor environmental requirements.
- Provide Environmental Engineering input to applicable Working Groups, including the Safety and Environmental, and Certification Working Groups.
- Plan and conduct Environmental Hazard/Impact assessments.
- Undertake Product/System Safety activities as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Promote a positive Product Safety and Environmental Culture within the Project.
- Support a culture of collaboration, enthusiasm and a proactive nature within the Project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be a role model for professional behaviour.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.