- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Procurement Leader (Quantity Surveyor)
Lead the developing & maintenance procedures, systems & processes and contribute to the setting of strategies, ownership of procurement planning, procurement methodologies & management of personal objectives.
Oversee and lead Subcontracting / Outsourcing activities for key assigned areas to ensure continuity of supply at the optimum cost
- Managing contractual opportunity & risk to ensure delivery of common business & functional objectives.
- Ongoing cost analysis and robust project / contract management during all phases.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks and ownership of the final account process.
- Interpret and understand legislation relative to the purchased product / service.
- Where applicable, lead and/or influence complex multi-party or multi-national contracting arrangements and assimilate implications to the business.
- Creation of site measure and re-measure methodologies and supervision of on-site activities. Allocating work to subcontractors and valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Carryout coherence reviews of ITT and Contract Documentation including scope & demarcation documents.
- Where applicable undertake appropriate duties within the Control Account Management structure.
- Contribute as appropriate to bid activities.
- Construction of cost benefit models and analyse and drive cost reduction.
- Understand the strategy being formulated and provide support in collating data to assist in identifying risks and opportunities at Phase reviews.
- Produce and manage a procurement plan to capture the stakeholder requirements.
- Lead supplier negotiations, including commercial aspects, to ensure the best outcome for Submarines. Adapt the approach to ensure that negotiations are concluded for an optimised business outcome.
- Report cost savings/ cost avoidance.
- Support the develop of the procurement strategy and plans for key assigned areas and lead implementation of plans.
- Develop, maintain, implement, oversee and monitor supplier selection criteria and processes, to ensure the effective selection of suppliers, including commercial aspects.
- Develop, maintain, implement and monitor supplier management and improvement processes and ensuring the ongoing and consistent assessment of vendor performance against Submarines needs and specifications, whilst reducing the overall cost of acquisition.
- Develop the sub-contractors through a process of relationship development, communication, continuous improvement and the use of performance metrics.
- Ensuring that life cycle costing principles are fully considered during decision making process pre ITT including input into the Make Vs Buy process and contractor down-selection.
- Develop contract placement studies and drive continuous improvement in the cost study process. Develop measurement methodologies that support the delivery of customer management requirements and support incentivised contracting methodologies.
Specific Job Criteria/ Experience
- Analyse adhoc market data analysis to support tactical outsourcing decisions.
- Coordination and delivery of all training diaries and plans to schedule.
- Specialist professional qualification QS degree / APMP / Risk Cert Level 1 or equivalent.
- Produce and co-ordinate monthly cost studies - all contractors.
- Produce and coordinate FYI reports.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.