- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Ship Structures Engineer Scantlings/Seats
Senior Ship Structures Engineer - Scotstoun - 6 months - £36.90ph LTD. PAYE Rates available on request
Purpose of role:
Carry out technical analyses and investigations involving the design and calculation of ship scantlings or equipment seatings.
Key Technical Skills
- Possesses good knowledge of all aspects within his/her discipline.
- Able to perform analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions
- 2 Years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Understanding of LCM
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
- Working towards the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
Top Four Major Tasks and Activities:
- Produce structural design solutions, supported by calculations, for either ship scantling issues or seat designs as required.
- Liaise with the Detail Design community and equipment owners to unblock issues preventing the conclusion of structural design activities
- Prepare Design Sketches of structural solutions as required.
- Peer reviewing of other team members calculations where required.
Business Unit/Discipline Specific Competencies;
- Capability in general structural theory and analysis.
- Capable of producing accurate scantling and general structural calculations.
- Ability to assess structural drawings.
- Ability to produce appropriate design sketches in AutoCAD.
- Ability to employ Mathcad software to undertake calculations.
- Ability to employ STAAD.pro software to undertake spaceframe analysis.
- Some experience in the structural design of frigate-type vessels.
- Some experience in employing shock loads to a structural design.
- Some knowledge of the use of Classification Society rules and processes, preferably Lloyd's Register Naval Ship Rules.
- Awareness of shipyard production and fabrication processes and issues with respect to structural design and analysis.
- Able and willing to travel within UK on an occasional basis.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.