- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Outfit Engineering Manager
Our client is seeking an Outfit Engineering Manager for their defence/ military maritime projects in Glasgow.
Outfit Engineering Manager - 6 Month Contract - Scotstoun - £41.24 PAYE (other payment methods available)
This role requires you to undertake a BPSS + Criminal Record Check.
- Preparation and development of drawings for Naval Ships
- Requirements development and management to acceptance, for design development and for the management of design change
- Safety, Environmental, Legal and Regulatory compliance
- Quality management in support of Engineering
- Timing and nature of transfer of information between stakeholders
- Definition, implementation and management of engineering processes
- Governance / Assurance including LCM
- Engineering Business Systems and data management
- Timely production of the following project outputs:
-General Arrangement Drawings
-Compartment Volume, Area and Locations Report
-Key Plans and Arrangements
-Contractor / Classification Society Communications Report
-CSC Certification Plan
-Margins Management Report
-Tank Arrangements and Capacity Drawing
-Lines and Hull Appendage Drawing
- Naval Ships Engineering
- Engineering design and design analysis work
- Through life engineering
- Ship build engineering methodologies
- BAE Systems Naval Ships Engineering Product Lifecycle
Specific to post:
Requires detailed and comprehensive understanding of methodology used (and preparation of) General Arrangement Drawings, 3D Models, Key Plans and similar as applied to Naval Ships. Is able to discuss and understand context and implications of technical issues across a number of engineering disciplines. Undertakes tasks as assigned, but able to appreciate the overall purpose of the project and proactively adapt those tasks as required.
Qualifications required for the role:
- Chartered Engineer;
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline relevant to the design and production of complex naval warships; and
- Full Member or Fellow of a Professional Institution relevant to discipline.
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant area such as ship safety, warship design, design management, requirements management, etc.
- An accredited engineering systems operator qualification with a significant safety component.
Has an understanding of how activities of own team interrelates and interacts with other functional areas within the business and project
Understands in detail the technical specification aspects related to general arrangements.
Has some understanding of the customer and other external stakeholders
- Ability to build and lead an effective naval ship design team
- Ability to inform and influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders within and outside of Naval Ships
- Train new team members
Solves problems using judgement based on the analysis of factual information. Makes evaluative judgements. Expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical expertise and guided by precedents.
- can communicate comfortably with customer and own staff with courtesy and tact.
- can communicate complex matters effectively to a broad audience.
- Skills to persuade and influence.
d. skills to negotiate at senior levels internally and externally.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.