- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior or Principal Bridge Engineer
Our client is a innovative provider of transport planning and infrastructure design services to the development industry.
The company's strength and depth of experience is unrivalled and their projects range from small residential schemes to major mixed use and infrastructure projects.
The company have recently developed a Bridge team of a 6 in Manchester and they are currently looking for an additional member to join as Senior or Principal Bridge Engineer on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidates will be a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer with ideally 8 years experience.
* Practical knowledge and experience of bridge design and assessment
* Practical knowledge and experience of project management of bridge projects
* Proven working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) in relation to structural scheme
* Practical experience of use of Eurocodes and their application to bridge design;
* Experience of design in or assessment of steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete bridge structures
* Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as MIDAS and Autodesk Structural Bridge Design (SAM)
* Knowledge and practical experience of 2D and 3D CAD typical of what is needed of an engineer to consult and produce basic changes to drawings
* Experience liaising with multiple disciplines in highways schemes
* Good interpersonal skills are essential to actively contribute in the development of the bridges team
Role and responsibilities:
* Bridge preliminary and detailed design
* Feasibility reports for new bridges - Concept design and outline cost estimates
* Liaising with and support to other disciplines at concept and preliminary design stage
* Bridge structural assessments
* Checking drawings and supervision of CAD technicians
* Provide support and guidance to younger staff
With plenty of concept to detailed design projects secured, the team will aim to grow over the next 1 to 2 years and will be building a skill-set for new designs, strengthening design and structural assessment.
Generous salary and great company benefits on offer.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.