- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Traffic Control Engineer
Experienced Traffic Signal Design Engineers that can hit the ground running Working knowledge of regulations, DfT and local standards and good practice relating to the design, installation and management of traffic control assets.
Provides Traffic Control engineering expertise and assurance for the Engineering Directorate. Supports and/or undertakes the technical delivery of engineering activities and technical services throughout all stages of asset life cycle - design, delivery, testing, commissioning, assurance and operation.
- Providing professional technical advice to stakeholders with regard to design, installation and management of traffic control assets - including road traffic signals, variable message signs, over-height vehicle detection, CCTV, safety cameras and road tunnel traffic control.
- Applying traffic control engineering expertise to analyse and interpret engineering data, to applicable levels of complexity for each role level, to provide technical advice and assurance to internal and external clients and stakeholders on issues relating to design development, formation of technical solutions, asset condition and performance and compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- Calculating and assuring safety critical timings related to traffic signal design and operation.
- Taking into account risk, legal constraints and business costs/benefits, to ensure assets are fit for purpose, safe and cost efficient to operate and maintain.
- Producing technical / progress reports for clients, suppliers or Operations, applying technical knowledge to identify any risks to assets or operations, proposing mitigation and highlighting any opportunities for improvements or innovation.
- Safeguarding the safety, integrity and efficiency of all Highways and Traffic assets at all stages in the asset life cycle through engagement in planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance and/or assessment activities
- Representing us as a technical expert with suppliers, customers and external agencies to ensure that our best interests, reputation and assets are protected.
- Representing us as an professional witness in court proceedings relating to traffic control (Principal Engineer only)
- Assessing and auditing technical capability of suppliers, initiating improvement actions where required to ensure optimum performance and safeguarding of assets.
- Leading and contributing to the development of technical standards, policies and guidance within discipline ensuring that documents are updated to remain compliant with relevant legislation and national guidance.
- Influencing the development of national and international engineering and technical standards relevant to discipline, and attending and presenting at events where appropriate to promote the expertise within the team to the wider engineering community
As per the job description for Engineer B3 related to Traffic Control Engineering, and the following:
- Educated to a HND standard or equivalent relevant experience
- Working knowledge of regulations, DfT and local standards and good practice relating to the design, installation and management of traffic control assets (traffic signals, variable message signs, over-height vehicle detection, CCTV, safety cameras and road tunnel traffic control)
- Knowledge of asset management and value engineering techniques
- Knowledge of traffic control equipment specifications with an understanding of the capabilities and limitations and how these affect installation and operation of the
- Awareness of the NEC form of contract and its various options.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.