- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer
Are you a Senior Software Engineer looking to take the next step in your career, and interested in working with a leading Secure Communications Company?
This opportunity is for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing multidisciplinary team working on the next generation of secure communication systems via satellite. It is a fantastic opportunity to join the business at an exciting time of expansion, with multiple digital hardware projects on the horizon.
- Analysing requirements, high- and low-level design, implementation, integration and test.
- Working within an Agile environment as a scrum master, working with a multi-disciplinary team and managing less experienced engineers.
- Taking responsibility for design and implementation of software solutions.
- Living the company culture and values, and creating a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject.
- Experience working across the full software development life-cycle.
- Background programming in C/C++ on Linux and/or Windows.
- Scripting expertise (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Experience leading/mentoring engineers.
- Occasional travel might be required.
- Understanding of large scale wireless communication systems (SATCOM, LTE, etc).
- Networking experience (eg. TCP/IP, NAT, Firewalls, AAA, DHCP).
- Linux device driver experience.
- Expertise in web-based UI development.
- Knowledge of technical writing/documentation (e.g. Wiki, Word, Visio).
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be capable of obtaining security clearance to work on UK Government projects.
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.