The primary role of the postholder is to assist in the enforcement of Building Regulations and assist in disabled access works. You will be responsible for the supervision of building within and across the district. Secondary roles will include contribution to all the Service activities. The postholder will be required to be flexible and adaptable in responding to the fast-changing needs of the Service.
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in Building Control
- Have a sound knowledge of building construction particularly
- Have good communication skills and be a good team player
- Knowledge of current Building Regulation and allied legislation
- Ability to form productive working relationships and partnerships across the Council's Services and with clients
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to produce clear, concise reports. Especially for plan appraisals
- Ability to think clearly and with innovation and to use this ability to convey a clear vision
- Self-motivation, drive and ambition to achieve outstanding results
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to access all parts of buildings by way of ladders and normal site access with appropriate regard to personal health and safety
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Member of the RICS or ABE or similar
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.