- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I have an opportunity in scenic Halifax, developing the next generation of ships for the Canadian Coast Guard and the Department of National Defense. They are utilising cutting edge technology and production techniques in a brand new facility.
This is a permanent full-time position, located in Halifax, NS. This position will report to the Deputy Project Manager, Customer and Project Controls and will be responsible for effective risk management across all project functions.
The role will assist managers to identify risks and / or issues and implement mitigating measures. This role will liaise with the customer and Design Subcontractor as required. The Risk Manager role will:
- Implement the overall risk management process for the project;
- Develop risk plans, processes, and procedures as required
- Tailor risk reporting to relevant audiences;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and experience desired:
- University Degree in in a discipline of Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Project Management, or equivalent experience.
- Risk Management in a project management, shipbuilding, or engineering environment, with large, complex projects
- Project Management or Engineering on large, complex defence projects
- Lifestyle - snowboarding/skiing in the winter and surfing in the summer
- Accommodation - affordable, spacious and beautifully appointed
- Social - a big city with a small town vibe
- Education - fantastic facilities to choose from and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct flight from the UK 6 months of the year
I am an international recruitment specialist with over 3 years' experience helping people and their families transform their lives and take the leap to move permanently to a new country.
For more information, my contact details are:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.