- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Nestled in the scenic maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for over 30 years! With a brand new facility and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
Reporting to the Deputy Project Manager, the Risk Manager will have overall responsibility for effective risk management across all project functions. You will be required to lead the delivery of all risk management processes; developing improvements and implementing risk policies and procedures to the Project Team.
Assisting and supporting the other Project team Managers, you will identify risks and implement appropriate and timely mitigating measures, liaising with the customer and Design Subcontractor as required.
Key experience and qualifications required include:
- Bachelor's Degree or similar qualification in Engineering, Business Administrations, Finance, Economics or Project Management
- Proven, extensive risk management experience from a large engineering environment
- Solid knowledge and understanding of risk management principles & standards such as ISO31000, COSO ERM
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With 8 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 50 families in their move to Canada over the last 6 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I understand how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.